You'd never know these chocolate orange pots are vegan. They're rich, thick, creamy, and have just the right amount of zesty orange flavour to complement the rich chocolate. And the secret ingredient to get the mousse-like consistency? Silken tofu! So, they're much lower in saturated fat and much higher in protein than traditional chocolate pots made with dairy cream.
Vegan Chocolate Orange Pots
Ingredients (makes 6 pots):
- 600g silken tofu
- 150ml fresh orange juice
- 50ml fresh water
- 200g dark chocolate (50-65% cocoa)
- 150ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of one orange for topping
- 1 Tbsp cocoa for topping
First of all, wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel and wring as much of the water out as possible. Then tip the drained tofu into a blender, add the juice and water, and blend until smooth.
Now gently melt the dark chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of lightly simmering water. Add the maple syrup to the melted chocolate, then pour into the blender along with the tofu, and blend until fully incorporated.
Divide the mixture between six pots / glasses / ramekins, then place in the fridge for at least an hour until set. When ready to serve, dust with cocoa powder and garnish with a little orange zest.
Nutrition (per pot):
- Protein: 9.0g (Women: 18.0% / Men: 16.4%)
- Iron: 3.2mg (Women: 21.6% / Men: 36.8%)
- Calories: 320 (Women: 16.0% / Men: 12.8%)
- Sugars: 29.9g (Women: 33.2% / Men: 24.9%)
- Total Fats: 15.5g (Women: 22.1% / Men: 16.3%)
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g (Women: 38.5% / Men: 25.7%)
- Salt: 0.2g (Women: 3.3% / Men: 3.3%)
- Fibre: 2.8g (Women: 9.3% / Men: 9.3%)
See the Nutrition Info page for more details on % of Dietary Reference Values for men and women.